Junior Sailors (ages 12 and younger)
Children age 12 years or younger are eligible to open a Junior Sailors Kids account. Junior Sailors receive a savings card that is punched for every $10 deposited into their savings account. They also receive a prize every time they deposit at least $10 into their account (1 prize per visit).
Birthday Celebration: The month of your birthday, you’ll receive a birthday card with a special surprise.
Every fully completed punch card serves as an entry into our year-end grand prize drawing!
Club Thrive (teens ages 13 and older)
Tailored specifically for ages 13 – 18, club thrive offers you the freedom and independence needed to get control of your financial future.
- Checking account – Features include: no check processing fees, unlimited check writing, no minimum balance required, and daily interest is earned on $100.00 or more and paid monthly. Members 16 and older qualify for FREE checks for a year with Online Banking, AND you’ll receive an ATM/Debit Card!
- FREE Online Banking – You can access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the comfort of your home, school, or anywhere you have internet access! You can check your account balances or transfer funds between accounts with just a click of a mouse! We also offer Online BillPay, E-statements and a Mobile Banking app.
- Visa Classic Credit Card – Take advantage of the convenience of making purchases with this low interest credit card and start building your credit history.
- Your First Auto Loan – Shipbuilders Credit Union wants to help you get into the driver’s seat of your very first vehicle. Receive 1/2% off the interest rate on your first auto loan with SCU!
- Teen CD – Earn 10% APY! For ages 12 to 18, with an $100 initial deposit and the ability to make additional deposits quarterly to a maximum of $1000.
* Members 13 – 18 years of age qualify. Checks free for the first year and thereafter standard pricing applies. Half percent off current auto loan rate. If under 18, parent or guardian signature required. Rate based upon normal credit standards. Must be a member of club thrive to receive discount. club thrive members will be moved into standard share account on 19th birthday and thrive account will be closed. *APY signifies Annual Percentage Yield. Certificate restrictions are as follows: must be between ages 12 up to 18. Upon initial deposit of $100 in minor’s account, parent/guardian must maintain a share draft account with direct deposit. Additional deposits to certificate can be made at a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $100 per calendar quarter. For Teen CD, when a $1,000 balance is attained via either deposit and/or interest earnings, deposits will no longer be allowed. Upon reaching the age of 18, balance of certificate will also transfer to the minor’s savings account. Early withdrawal penalties may apply. Other restrictions do apply.