SOLUTIONS EXPERT (Full-time)
The Solutions Experts (SE) will help guide the credit union in the design, creation and management of technology solutions using today’s leading software products, especially those relevant to the financial industry. The SE will drive the strategy and execution for technology efficiency and digital measurement capabilities.
- Provide consultative technical expertise supporting credit union staff in the use and administration of credit union software programs; this will include technical presentations, technical reviews, organizing software validation exercises, as well as collaborating with vendor RFIs and RFPs.
- Document knowledge specific to our technical capabilities and issues for use by internal teams.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of existing and planned products.
- Coordinate development of systems documentation with marketing and member services teams.
- Provide solution architecture to regulatory requirements.
- Provide support for all member service activities.
- Provide guidance to credit union management for new directions and requirements of members.
- Relevant Degree in Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, leadership, organization, and the ability to work well in teams.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated creative problem-solving approach.
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Self-motivated, organized and efficient.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Experience in financial services technologies and trends related to the credit union industry.
- Working knowledge and experience with card processing and mobile payments.
- Knowledge of financial services requirements and relating them to solutions.
- Cloud-based hosting knowledge and expertise.
- Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401K
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical)
Part-time position: Approximately 22-35 hours per week
Schedule: Monday through Friday with some Saturdays
Salary: $10.50 to $12.00/hour based on prior experience
Benefits: Pro-rated vacation & holidays. 401k (if eligible)
Required education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Serves as part time teller at Washington Street office
- May serve as backup teller at Rapids and Mishicot offices when needed
- May serve as backup receptionist for answering phones during lunch, etc.
- Exercises a professional attitude to ensure a positive interaction with members, non-members and employees
- Processes routine financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, etc. for the members accounts
- Issues money orders and cashier’s checks
- Accurately counts cash and balances daily transactions
- Assists members with basic account questions and statements
- Assists with folding and stuffing statements
- File documents when needed
- Shred documents when needed
- Assist with counting and filling coin rolls
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time